Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Half Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer


"My name is Moon. Fletcher Moon. And I'm a private detective. In my twelve years on this spinning ball we call Earth, I've seen a lot of things normal people never see. I've seen lunch boxes stripped of everything except fruit. I've seen counterfeit homework networks that operated in five counties, and I've seen truckloads of candy taken from babies.

I though I'd seen it all. ... Or so I believed. I was wrong. Very wrong." (1)

Twelve-year-old Fletcher Moon, called "Half Moon" by just about everyone because he's so short, is trying to make it in the detective business. But when most of your clients pay in candy, it's hard to be taken seriously, especially when you're the youngest Internet certified detective in the world. That is, until April Devereux hires him to find a lock of celebrity hair that was stolen from her playhouse. While working on the case, Half Moon (I mean, Fletcher) gets attacked, and then accused of being an arsonist. One thing leads to another, and he finds himself teaming up with Red Sharkey, one of the Sharkeys, a family whose police record is over three hundred pages long. They have twenty-four hours to clear both their names, and the culprit is the last person you expect. The author of the Artemis Fowl series, Eoin Colfer's Half Moon Investigations combines Dick Tracey films with a kid sized sense of humor and mystery in this laughable tale of one kid's attempt to make a name for himself, before the law does.
AMY

1 comment:

COWARD99 said...

good review ,am trying to find the ebook.