Thursday, May 21, 2009

As if Being 12 3/4 Isn't Bad Enough, My Mother is Running for President! by Donna Gephart


How did this happen? When Mom asked if I'd support her running for president, I said yes because I thought it would take her mind off things. I never imagined she actually had a shot at winning the party's nomination. I mean, Mom's got two things going against her--boobs! Didn't anyone bother to tell her she's a woman, and a woman has never been elected president of the United States, except on TV? I mean, she's a great governor. But president? She'll be so busy, I'll never see her! (37)

Vanessa Rothrock already has it pretty bad. Her gigantic feet cause her to trip over everything, she is LOUSY in gym class, and because her mother is governor of Florida, she has an oversized body guard follow her around school. She can't even lock the door when she goes to the bathroom, in case someone decides to threaten her life. When her mother starts campaigning to be president, Vanessa tries to be supportive as her mother's schedule forces her to miss Vanessa's spelling bees and Vanessa has to make an appointment to see her. But all that takes a back seat when Vanessa starts to get death threats unless her mother drops out of the running. For the jaw dropping finale that takes place at the National Convention, you'll have to read As if Being 12 3/4 Isn't Bad Enough, My Mother is Running for President! by Donna Gephart.
AMY

1 comment:

Wild About Words said...

Thanks for the great review!
Donna Gephart