Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Isabel's Texas Two-Step by Annie Bryant


"My reactionwas the complete opposite. Texas! Whoa! Chickens. I could barely remember my uncle and aunt's ranch, only that it was in the middle of nowhere, that the house was big and dark, and that there were cows... and a rooster. But, wow, what an adventure! "Yee-haw," I yapped. Oops! I clapped my hands over my mouth.
Elena shot me a look. She was not happy with my enthusiasm. (12)

Isabel Martinez's older sister Elena Maria is celebrating her quinceanera, or 15th birthday. Rather than doing it in their hometown of Detroit or their new town of Boston, the whole family is flying down to Texas. Isabel's aunt, uncle, and three boy cousins live there on a ranch with an insane rooster and a skitish horse. While their house is amazing, Isabel's cousin Ricardo keeps getting her in trouble and her sister is turning into quincezilla. When Ricardo and Isabel get stuck in a rainstorm overnight and the same storm cancels Isabel's dad's flight to Texas, trouble is just beginning. Part of the Beacon Street Girl Series, Isabel's Texas Two-Step is a light-hearted tale by Annie Bryant.

AMY

No comments: