Saturday, May 09, 2009

Piper Reed The Great Gypsy by Kimberly Willis Holt

"You need to ask if anyone is opposed," Nicole said.
"Opposed to what?" I asked.
"Starting the meeting," she said.
I shrugged my shoulders. "Any opposed?"
Nicole raised her finger. "I might be."
Hailey signed and leaned against the couch.
"Why?" Michael snapped. "Why are you opposed?"
Nicole blinked. "I didn't say I was opposed. I said I might be." (37)

This is just some of what Piper Reed has to deal with as she continues to make Pensacola, Florida her home. Her dad is away for six months on a Navy ship and her mother is serving as the art teacher at her school. She's trying to train her dog to do tricks for the upcoming pet show, but the only person the dog will listen to is Piper's three year old neighbor. Plus, she has to read eight books before the end of summer, and none of them sound interesting. This book though, does sound interesting, so read Piper Reed, The Great Gypsy by Kimberly Willis Holt.

AMY

No comments: