Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mack McGinn's Big Win by Coleen Murtagh Paratore


I have a secret. At Camp Nassau this summer, I discovered something. It's not a new talent. I've always been good at it, but no I'm really, really good. Kids' eyes were bugging out and all the counselors made a big deal. Rory was at soccer camp. None of my friends were there. Mom and Dad weren't either.
That win was mine. No coaching, no cameras, no pressure. Sweet. It felt so sweet, I almost cried. I knew right then. I'd found my sport.
Just wait until Dad sees. (5)

Mack McGinn's whole family is full of winners. His grandfather was a football hero, his Dad almost made the Olympic soccer team, his mom was a nationally ranked swimmer in college, and his brother has more trophies than anyone could ever think of having. Mack is forever following in his family's shadow and footsteps. This year though, he has a plan... a plan to distinguish himself amongst his family members, and will set everything right. But Mack doesn't count on the big Thanksgiving Parade festivities not ending the way he planned. It's a surprise ending in Coleen Murtagh Paratore's Mack McGinn's Big Win.

AMY

No comments: